Think iconic spring images and we have no doubt that one of the first pictures that come to mind are acres of the beautiful pink blossoms that emerge in March and April. Nowhere is this more evident than in Japan, where the sights and smells of the gentle spring explosion of white and pink have been celebrated for centuries.
Our spring look is designed to reflect this natural blossom, taking inspiration not just from Japanese blossoms, but also the beauty of traditional Japanese style, whilst maintaining a natural, elegant finish suitable for all skin tones and ages.
- Traditionally, Geisha masked their faces with heavy layers of whitening powder, which we certainly wouldn’t recommend for a natural day look. As always prep the skin with a good exfoliant and moisturiser, then simply use a light layer of foundation to even off the complexion. Our concealer (£17.50) is the perfect finishing touch to cover any further imperfections.
- Eyes this season are all about pastels and our palette in Ocean (£34.50) comes with four beautiful, pastel tones to light up your natural colouring. For this look we suggest using our soft, shimmering pink in shell across lids and almost up to brows.
- Brow definition and strong liner is key here. Using a fine liner brush, pick up some colour from our black mascara (£17.50) or gel liner and starting at the inner corner of the eye, line in gentle strokes out to the outer corner, widening as you go and flicking at the ends. Coat lashes with the mascara then brush our brown mascara lightly through the brows to finish (blondes use a light brown powder instead).
- To emphasise the cheeks use a cream blush in an apricot tone (our lipstick in Apricot Sorbet is the perfect multi-use product for this ) and dab high on the cheekbones blending outwards and up in small, circular motions.
- Finally the lip. Red may seem a little scary for day but this look is more of a stain and you can lighten it with a gloss or lip balm for a lighter look. Line the lips and fill with a true red (like our Cherry Tart, £18) then blot and do not repeat to keep the look light!
Margaret's Expert Tip: For a lighter base, mix our concealer with a couple of drops of Rose Moisturiser to create your own perfect tinted moisturiser.
Beautiful, antioxidant organic rose day cream for sensitive skin and the eye area. 50ml £23, 15ml £8£23.00 Trial size from: £8.00
Tasty organic care and protection for lips in all weathers. 4.5g£5.50100% natural - 88% organic. The first mascaras certified by the Soil Association!£17.50
Apricot Sorbet is a lovely apricot-orange shimmer. Very seasonal for summer-autumn and any occasion.£18.00Cherry tart is a sheer, vibrant cherry red - as true a red as you'll find without carmine or synthetic colour.£18.00NEW! Introducing our mineral concealer to accompany the groundbreaking organic mineral makeup range.£17.50